William's Missing Monster Key

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

William’s Missing Monster Key.
One night while I slept in my bed, two monsters named Burt and Bob crept into my house. They crept into my room and stole an old key that I kept in my toy box. Burt and Bob had found a magic monster lock and knew that an old special key would open it and let all the monsters, ghosts, spirits and curses in our back yard. They used my key to open the lock and out crept hundreds of monsters.
The next morning I woke up and went to my back door to go outside and feed the guinea pigs. When I opened the door a huge hairy, slobbery monster went raaahhhhhhhh at me!
I jumped in fright and quickly shut the door. Then I ran onto the couch and saw lots of monsters outside my window and a magic lock was open on my veranda table. I had to close that lock! I thought about the key in my toy box and wondered if that would work. So I ran to my room and looked in my toy box straight away. But it wasn’t there!
I suddenly thought of Mike, my guinea pig on the veranda and I knew I had to save him. I hid under a dirty, white sheet and walked outside making whoooooing noises. I was so scared when the monsters walked past me, but I still kept acting like a ghost. When I finally reached the guinea pig cage, I quickly grabbed Mike out. I noticed a big scratch on Mike and said “oh that’s why you were squeaking a lot!” I didn’t know a monster heard me say that and he said “attack him!!” I screamed “aaaaaaahhhhh” and I ran around the veranda and grabbed the lock from the table. We quickly ran down the stairs and off the veranda. I suddenly realized that the monsters had tied the key around Mike’s neck. So I put the key in the lock and all the monsters, including Burt and Bob completely disappeared!
I hugged Mike and put him back in his cage. Then went happily inside to my bedroom and hid the monster lock up in my cupboard. I was glad that I saved the day and no one got hurt. It was time to get dressed for the day and go outside to play.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!