Entry is NOW OPEN
in the 2007 Schools Writing Competition! Students all over Australia are invited to enter their short stories OR poems, and battle it out for the great cash prizes on offer.
This year - there is no theme! Entrants are encouraged to let their imaginations run wild and get their creative juices flowing to write on ANY TOPIC
and in ANY STYLE
. Students from ALL GRADES are welcome to enter - Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Entry is FREE and all entries must be in by September 7, 2007.
There will be separate judging and prizes for poems and short stories as follows:-POETRY
First prize is $1000.00 to be divided $500.00 to the school and $500.00 to the winning student plus an 8GB Apple iPod Nano. 10 Second place prizes of $50.00 to the students and 39 Third place prizes to the value of $25.00.SHORT STORY
First prize is $1000.00 to be divided $500.00 to the school and $500.00 to the winning student plus an 8GB Apple iPod Nano. 10 Second place prizes of $50.00 to the students and 39 Third place prizes to the value of $25.00.
1. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entrants must be currently enrolled and attending as students at the school under which they enter.
3. Entries must not exceed 16 lines in lenght or 64 characters in width for poems and must not exceed 500 words for short stories.
4. Entries must be typed or neatly hand written.
5. Typed entries are to be presented on one side of a single A4 sheet of paper.
6. One entry per student only.
7. Co-written entries will be disqualified.
8. Entries are to be postmarked no later than September 7, 2007.
9. Copying an existing poem/story is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified and their parents and teachers notified. Write4fun will not be held responsible for any plagiarised work entered into the competition.
10. The author's name, grade, address, grade level and school must appear on hte page with each entry.
11. Write4fun reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
12. All care will be taken but no responsibility will be accepted for any misplaced work.
13. No updated, revised versions of entries will be c onsidered after initial entry.
14. All prize winners will be notified by mail.
15. Entries will not be returned.
16. If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the organisers, Write4fun reserves the right to cancel the competition.